Wednesday 26 May 2010

New prayer letter for the summer.

Prayer Update


Philippians 1:3-11
A friend told me some weeks ago that one of my weaknesses was that I didn’t show my gratefulness enough. He was right, maybe it’s a guy thing but I struggle to say thank you too many times. I will not cheapen this with big flowery words and statement but will simply say thank you.

Thank you for your prayers and support of my ministry over the last few months and beyond. That I have appreciated your prayers and support would be a total understatement.

I am convinced that I am nothing without God in my life and my ministry will not function without you. Sometimes the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that I am not alone in making God famous and spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I never forget you in my prayers of thanks. Be assured that my passion grows for the youth of our nation to turn to Christ and serve Him no holes barred!


Recent Happenings
The last few months have been both brilliant and extremely tough at times! Youth weekends have taken up most of my weekends, with regular contact in 2 schools in the Armagh area. I have also had the opportunity to take an SU at Lurgan junior High this was an answer to a lot of prayer. New contact with schools and churches has been slow and this has been very frustrating and at times has made me question my role in the areas I’m involved in.

The youth and Su weekends have been awesome, God has taught me so much and increased my passion for teaching and communicating the gospel to young people. Reports back have been really positive with many young people being challenged by what was said. This has been a great encouragement.

I have also been at some youth fellowships, youth clubs and children’s and youth services at various churches around the place. God has been a constant help in these meetings and it’s brilliant to see God move and challenge peoples’ lives.
Current Happenings

It’s obvious that I love communicating the gospel and it would be amazing if I could do that 24 hours a day. I know that isn’t physically possible but please pray for more opportunities and openings into schools and churches and that God will guide me in the direction He wants me to go.

Raising financial support has also been very frustrating and difficult. It has been a struggle to get any meetings and I ask you to really pray about this. It is really difficult to keep my mind on serving God when I am constantly aware that I am not in a good place financially. If you have any contacts for meetings let me know or of people who will pray again let me know.


This is not for one minute meant to be a sob story or a downer, I’m just saying it like it is. God has been a constant help in my life and CEF have been extremely supportive in every way and I thank God for their support and passion for my ministry. I am not one to look at negatives so I continue to look at the positives and the fact that God has spoken to so many lives over the last few months and that despite tough times my passion and love for God have only grown and I seek and desire to serve Him for the rest of my life.

You are a vital part of my ministry and be assured that I am extremely thankful for all of you support and prayers.

Future Happenings

The next few months are really hectic. Here is a list of what’s happening:

6th June: Calvary Pentecostal Youth Service

21st-23rd June: Castlederg High SU Retreat (teaching)

4th-7th July: Junior Training Week (teaching)

18th-24th July: Mid Ulster Inters Camp (teaching)

25th-30th July: Mid Antrim Inters Camp (teaching)

31st July-7th August: Armagh CYIA (Co-leading)

8th-12th August: Cork Inters Camp (teaching)

13th-20th August: Scottish Camp

22nd-28th August: Teen Camp

As you can see the summer is really busy so I will appreciate your continued prayers!

If you need to get in touch about any meetings or support my detail are below:

7 Queens place
Lurgan
BT66 8BY

07789900975

tophermccune@gmail.com

Again thank you for your prayers, I don’t take your support lightly.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment